About Our Class
- In our class, everyone is expected to:
- Respect one another.
- Follow the rules of the school.
- Be kind to each other.
- Try their best to complete all assignments.
- Solve conflicts with respectful words - not hands!
- Learn to do things independently.
Students are rewarded for acts of kindness with "L.I.G.H.T." bulbs: (Listen, Interact, Get Along, Have Respect, Tolerance)indicating that they are a "Shining Light" at P.S. 177. If any of these rules have not been followed, a note will be in your child's homework folder. Please sign this everyday to show your child that we are working as a team.
At the end of each month, one student will be awarded Honor Student/Citizen of the Month. This is given to the student who has shown the most progress in academics and citizenship (following rules and being kind to others). Students' names will be posted on this page.